REQUEST FOR TENDERS GRAND FALLS REGIONAL MUNICIPALITY TENDER #08-08-23 TRUCKING OF HIGHWAY SALT CLOSING: TUESDAY, AUGUST 22, 2023 at 10:30 A.M. (LOCAL TIME)
1. DESCRIPTION: One-year renewable contract for the trucking of highway salt between Nutrien, 12701 Route 114, Penobsquis and the municipal garage, 131 Industrial Road, Grand Falls Quantity required is approximately 1200 metric tons between November 2023 – May 2024. To be delivered at the Town Garage, 131 Industrial Road, during business hours. **Please check the site regularly in case of Addendum** 2. All bids shall be submitted on the forms supplied by the Grand Falls Regional Municipality. 3. TENDERS SHALL BE IN A SEALED ENVELOPE CLEARLY SHOWING THE TENDER NAME AND NUMBER, TENDER CLOSING DATE AND COMPANY'S NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE ENVELOPE. TENDERS MAY BE DELIVERED OR MAILED TO GRAND FALLS REGIONAL MUNICIPALITY/ OFFICE OF THE TOWN CLERK / 131 PLEASANT STREET, SUITE 200, GRAND FALLS, N.B. E3Z 1G6. 4. Tenders must be received at the office of the Town clerk before TUESDAY, AUGUST 22, 2023 – 10:30 A.M. (local time). Following the closing, the proposal opening will be live on the Grand Falls Regional Municipality Facebook page. 5. PREFERENCE The lowest or any tender will not necessarily be accepted. The Grand Falls Regional Municipality will grant a preference of 5% to local bidders for tender calls that are under the thresholds pre-determined by the Public Purchasing Act up to a maximum difference of $1,250 for goods or $2,500 for services. 6. TENDER VALID FOR The Grand Falls Regional Municipality shall, within thirty (30) working days of the public tender opening for the contract, notify the successful tenderer by mail delivery that they are the successful tenderer. 7. TENDER BINDING A tender is binding upon the person(s) submitting the tender until such time as they receive formal notification by facsimile (fax) or mail of the rejection of their tender but in no case unless, as successful tenderer, they have received notification shall it be binding upon them for more than thirty (30) working days, from the date of public tender opening, unless requested by the Grand Falls Regional Municipality and agreed to by the tenderer in writing.
Any claim which the Contractor or the Grand Falls Regional Municipality may have based on any dispute or difference of any kind whatsoever arising out of the Contract shall be referred by the Contractor or Grand Falls Regional Municipality in writing not later than ten (10) working days after the occurrence giving rise to such disputed difference. Correspondence shall contain a concise statement of the relevant facts.
The claim made to the Grand Falls Regional Municipality shall be settled by the CAO who shall communicate the decision in writing within ten (10) days of the date of receiving written notification. The Contractor shall proceed with the contract with all due diligence in accordance with the Contract whether or not such claim shall be referred to arbitration as hereinafter provided.
Except in those circumstances where it is provided in the contract the decision of the CAO shall be final. Any dispute or difference persisting after delivery of the CAO's decision, shall be referred to arbitration in accordance with the Arbitration Act and action must be taken within thirty (30) days.
An application for arbitration shall be accompanied by security in the amount of One thousand Dollars ($1,000.00) to apply to the cost of arbitration. The arbitration shall be by a Board of three (3) members. Either party shall notify the other party in writing of its desire to submit the dispute or difference to arbitration and a notice shall contain the name of the first party's appointee to the Arbitration Board. The recipient of the Notice shall, within seven (7) days, inform the other party of the name of its appointee to the Arbitration Board. The two members, so selected, shall within five (5) days of the appointment of the second of them appoint a third person who shall be Chairman.
The Arbitration Board shall determine responsibility for costs and shall include recommendation for payment in the award decision. The decision of the arbitration will be binding.
Reference to arbitration by the Contractor as herein provided shall be a condition precedent to any legal action with respect to any dispute or difference of any kind whatsoever which the Contractor may have with the Municipality arising out of the contract or work.
9. PERMITS AND LICENSES
The Contractor shall obtain and pay for all licenses and permits which may be required to comply fully with laws, ordinances, and regulations of the proper public authorities, in connection with this contract.
The successful bidder shall be responsible for all damages and shall indemnify and save the Municipality harmless from and against all damages and liability, which may arise out of the failure of the Contractor to obtain and pay for such licenses and permits and to comply fully with any and all applicable laws, ordinances, and regulations.
11. ENVIRONMENTAL AND ARCHAEOLOGICAL REQUIREMENTS
The Contractor shall carry out this contract in compliance with the various federal, provincial, and municipal acts, regulations, and policies involving protection of the environment, and any approvals or permits issued to the Grand Falls Regional Municipality, or the Contractor therewith.
12. SAFETY - NEW BRUNSWICK OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY ACT
The Contractor is required to notify the Workplace NB prior to starting any work under the Grand Falls Regional Municipality contract.
All work done under Grand Falls Regional Municipality contract must comply with the New Brunswick Occupational Health and Safety Act.
13. LAWS, ACTS, REGULATIONS, BYLAWS AND CODES
The Contractor shall be responsible for carrying out this contract in strict accordance with all Federal, Provincial and Municipal Laws, Acts, Regulations, Bylaws, Codes, etc.
14. IN CASE OF TIED BIDS
The Grand Falls Regional Municipality will determine the successful bidder with a coin toss in case of tied bids.
15. If applicable, a confirmation of liability insurance coverage will be required from successful bidder.
16. The successful bidder shall have 24 hours after the order is placed to deliver the first load and 3 days for the remaining loads of highway salt at 131 Industrial Road, Grand Falls.
17. Queries: For further details or technical information, please call Mr. Patrick Daigle at 475-7763.
REQUEST FOR TENDERS
GRAND FALLS REGIONAL MUNICIPALITY
SUPPLIER'S NAME: ________________________________________________
MAILING ADDRESS: __________________________________________________
CONTACT PERSON: __________________________________________________
TELEPHONE #: FAX #: ________________________
TRUCKING OF HIGHWAY SALT Price: $________________________________
(Price per metric ton – excluding taxes)
I/WE HEREBY AGREE THAT this submission is made in accordance with and in consideration of the provisions herein contained.
DATED this day of , 2023
NAME (please print)
TITLE (please print)